Academic Advising Coordinator
Department of Communication
Fall 2023 Academic Deadlines
August 17: Classes begin
August 22 (11:59 p.m.): Last day to drop a course on your own via Banner
August 23 (5 p.m.): Last day to add a course
August 24 (5 p.m.): Last day to request undergraduate academic forgiveness
August 28: Fall 2024 graduation application opens
October 5 (5 p.m.): Last day to drop a class with a “W”
October 23 - November 3: Advising for Winter 2023/Spring 2024 courses
November 13 (5 p.m.): Last day to withdraw from University
November 29: Classes End
November 30: Reading Day
December 1-7: Final Exams
Graduating students (Fall 2023):
• Fall 2023 graduation application opens August 28.
• Apply for graduation via myState.
• You will pay a $50 fee.
• Apply for graduation by October 20 to avoid a late fee.
• Starting October 21, you will pay the $50 original fee PLUS a $100 late fee to apply for graduation.
• The final deadline to apply for Fall 2023 graduation is November 27. If you miss this deadline, you must wait until the next semester to apply for graduation.